Since this blog was originally started as a way to keep everyone updated on my health, I thought I would give an update on that. In November of 2023, I was diagnosed with celiac disease, after a year of gastrointestinal issues. But the funny thing is that I still have the gastrointestinal issues even after I have cut out gluten. I was also diagnosed with gastritis in August of 2023, which is probably a big part of the gastrointestinal issues that I’m still struggling with. The Gastroenterologist that diagnosed the gastritis and celiac didn’t give me any instructions on healing the gastritis, just switched me from pantoprazole to Nexium, and for the celiac he just said, cut out all gluten. I was not, and am not, happy with this at all. I need to figure out how to heal and that isn’t helpful at all. Thankfully, I love to learn, and I was taught well on how to research. So I researched, and I researched some more, and I’m still researching. And I now have a referral in the works for a new Gastroenterologist.
Since we moved so far from my primary Dr, I decided to switch to a primary Dr that was closer. I really struggled with this decision because I loved my primary Dr and he had gotten me through some very rough, health wise, times in my life. He listened to me and tried his best to help me be healthier. But after joining our church, and making friends who worked at a primary drs office in Jasper, I decided to make the switch. I had my first appt with my new primary in July. She did tons of test, which included taking 6 vials of blood, then I had to go back and give 7 more vials of blood. But I’m thankful that she is being very thorough doing everything that she can to help me. Between her tests, and the blood tests from my rheumatologist and oncologist(for IVIG not cancer) I have found out that I am anemic(low in B vitamins and iron), I’m low in all of my electrolytes, my vitamin D levels are low, as are my protein levels. Being low in just one of these can cause fatigue issues, so being low in all of these explains why I am so extremely exhausted all of the time. I also struggle with insomnia, thankfully that’s improving, and migraines, which are also improving a tad bit. And then on top of that I’m having shoulder pain issues and back pain issues. I have an appt with a orthopedic doctor who specializes in the spine in September. I’m hoping he can help with the back pain issues. I’m going to try resting and icing my shoulder and see if it helps those issues. I’m pretty sure it’s caused by sleeping on my side. I may even go see my chiropractor and see if he can help with both the shoulder and the back issues.
Some other things I am struggling with are anxiety and depression, and I believe I also have PTSD but it’s more of a self diagnosed from research and reading. Prescription medicine does help with this, as does Bible reading, prayer, praise and worship, and self care. I need to remember to daily give myself the grace that I would give to others. I was thinking, earlier today, that I really needed to rest today, but it’s been so ingrained on me that if I rest when there are things that need to be done, then that makes me lazy and a bad person. I grew up feeling as if I was never good enough, and I could never do enough to make those who should have loved me and took care of me, love me. I never could do enough to earn their love or their care. Then, I received the same treatment from in laws and from my bio mom, whom I lost touch with around 7 years old and didn’t get back in touch with until I was about 19 years old. Let me tell you it’s not easy dealing with narcissistic people. They destroy your confidence and make you lose sight of who you are and Whose you are. You are a blood bought child of the Most High God. But I’m regaining my identity and my godfidence(knowing that you can’t but God can and will do it through you).
I know this all sounds like a lot to deal with, and truly it is. But if you look back and read my first few posts you can see that I’m so much better now than I was then, and I’m much healthier now than I was then. I’m still on my getting healthier journey and God is walking right there beside me through it all. I’m also over 100 lbs smaller than I was then, I’m much more active and I can definitely walk more and not get out of breath while doing it. I was able to enjoy a vacation that my husband and I took back in April together. This is the first vacation that I have ever been able to enjoy and enjoy it I did. I had Ben begging me to slow down so we could rest. Lol. So yes, I still have a lot going on, but I’m so much closer than I have been. I give God all the glory and praise because without Him, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

No comments:
Post a Comment