About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Friday, January 16, 2026

Good in the Bad

 So many people ask why bad things happen if God loves us. Well, the short answer is, because this is not Heaven. If everything were perfect, then we would be in Heaven, but we are still on Earth, so everything is not perfect. Sin has entered this world, so we have to deal with the imperfections of it. BUT, while God may allow the bad things to happen, He doesn’t allow them to be useless. He will make sure everything works out for our good, and His glory. There is always good is every situation. Sometimes it’s a lesson to be learned, sometimes it’s strength or courage, and sometimes we may not even see what that that good is. I do know that every time I have asked God to open my eyes to the good in a specific situation, He has. 

There is a saying, especially in the science world, that pain has a purpose. If you put your hand on a hot stove eye, and didn't have pain to tell you that it was hot, you would, potentially, leave your hand there, causing severe damage. I want to make it very clear here, God does not cause the pain, but He does use it for our good, and His glory. I have started praying through tough situations, asking God to show me the good, and asking Him to show me the purpose, the lesson that I can learn through it, or whatever it is that I need from the situation. God is faithful, and He will do it. And the most important thing to remember, when going through hard times, is that God loves you, unconditionally, and sacrificially, and that He is there holding you, giving you strength, courage, and everything else that you need. He has never failed me yet, and I don’t expect Him to in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment