About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2026

Thoughts on Exodus 29

 While reading in Exodus this morning, where Aaron and his sons are consecrated as priests, I noticed how much food items were required for offering. Some of it was eaten by the priest, but a lot of it was burnt. There were 2 lambs, each a year old,  each day, plus at least 2 quarts of flour mixed with 2 quarts of oil, and 2 quarts of wine. Then there were bulls, and goats, and I’m not really sure what else. That’s a lot of food, and that food is expensive. Then it occurred to me that sin is expensive. I wonder if that was part of it. God wanted us to realize how expensive sin really is. When Adam and Eve first sinned, it cost them their close relationship with God. Think of what our sins cost Jesus. He died on the cross, for our sins, as an ultimate sacrifice, and that cost Him so much.  When we sin, it costs us the close, intimate relationship with God that He so desperately wants for us, that we so desperately crave. We were made for relationship with God, our souls crave it, but sin costs us that relationship. Our sins also affect others. Our sins can push other people further away from God, or cause problems with other people. Our sins may also cause someone else to sin, thus affecting their relationship with God. Sin is so very expensive, but I’m so thankful that salvation is free. Jesus Christ came to Earth, as a man, lived a perfect life, died on the cross, bearing all of the sins of the whole world past, present, and future, and then He conquered death, hell, and the grave, and rose on the third day, providing us salvation at no cost to us. All it takes is to accept it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment