I have been reading in Acts the past few days, and yesterday something stuck out to me. Towards the end of the book of Acts, Paul was arrested, and brought before the governor to be tried. The governor kept dragging his feet about Paul until he finally retired, or was fired, and left Paul to be dealt with by the incoming governor. The new governor did’nt know what to do with Paul. King Agrippa, and his wife, were visiting the governor, so Paul was summoned to speak to them. Paul ended up having to appeal to Caesar, which was Nero at that time, but what stuck out to me was the fact that Paul was able to tell kings, and other important officials, about Jesus. What Satan had meant for harm, have Paul arrested, and possibly executed, God turned to good, people hearing the good news of Jesus Christ. One of my favorite Bible verses is “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 There is always good in everything. Do I believe that we will always see the good, no, but I believe it is there, and I claim it as a promise from God.
This morning I was reading my Advent devotion, on joy, and I got to thinking how hard the Christmas season is for so many people. Just about everyone is struggling in some way. I think that is Satan trying to distract us from the meaning of Christmas. Satan wants us struggling, focused on our trials, and tribulations, he doesn’t want us to focus on the hope, peace, joy, and love that comes with the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. But again, I believe that what Satan means for harm, God brings good from. I think that through these struggles and trials, we can really feel God’s love, and presence all around us. A simple Christmas song can bring so much joy to our lives, or even a few Christmas decorations. We must make an effort to not let the struggles distract us from God’s love, and presence, but God will make Himself known to us. We must only seek Him, and find Him, when we seek Him with all of our hearts. (Jeremiah 29:23)
While there is always good in everything, I do realize that some struggle during this season because of grief. Whether it’s from the passing of a loved one, or maybe family that is no longer a part of your life, this makes it so hard to really experience the joy of Christmas. Let me just say this, God is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18), and He is close to you. He wants to comfort you, and to hold you close. It’s ok to grieve what you have lost. God understands, and He is right there to comfort you, if you allow Him to. My prayer, this season, is for all of those who are struggling, for whatever reason. I pray that you feel God’s loving arms holding you tightly, that you feel His loving presence, and that you have the hope, peace, and joy that this season is about. Christmas doesn’t always have to look perfect, as long as you look to the reason for Christmas. I’m praying for each of you, andI pray that you all have an amazing Christmas filled with God’s presence.

No comments:
Post a Comment