About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2026

Distractions

 Distractions seem to be the name of the game lately. God is working on me on what I allow to distract me from what He has for me. Distractions can come in many forms. God has been showing me that being too busy, being worried and anxious, guilt, shame, and social media are distracting me from Him. 

I’m reading a book called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. In it she tells a story of a man, who God has asked to take a wagon of a few stones, up to the top of the mountain. Along the way, the man stops in each village, and is asked by multiple people to take something to the top of the mountain for them. The man does, because helping people is what God tells us to do, but soon, the burden becomes too much for him. God comes along and tells him tha he had picked up burdens that God has not asked him to bear, and that is why it all became too much. It made me realize that, when I pick up all the burdens asked of me, it becomes too much, because I pick ip things that God has not asked me to bear. So I’m doing an inventory of all tha I’m currently doing, and I’m going to lay down the things that are not of God. It’s not going to be easy, but it will be worth it. When I do that, I will be able to focus on what is of God, and all the things that God has for me. What are some of the things that gs that you have picked up, that are not yours? Are you missing out on all that God has for you because of these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment