Every month this year I use been picking a theme for the month. This theme goes along with the overarching theme of self-care for 2026. January was distraction, or limiting distractions, and not letting distractions steal my joy. February was advocating for myself, and not abandoning myself. March is all about communication. I realized that, I cannot get what I need, if I don’t communicate my needs. This has especially come up when it comes to my doctors, and doctors appointments. My specialists don’t see labs from other specialists, or from my primary, and my primary doesn’t see labs or test results from my specialists. To fix this issue, I have made a medical binder where I have printed out all recent lab work results, and tests results, and I will take this binder to doctor appointments with me. This will help me to get the care that I need, and deserve.
I also need to communicate better in other areas of my life. I have decided that I am only going to plan 3 things each week. This can include doctor appointments, therapy appointments, outings with friends, church meetings, family get togethers, pretty much anything that gets me out of the house except for regular church services. This allows me plenty of time to rest, and get things done around the house that needs to be done. I’m also blocking off extra time, for recovery, when I have big events, like traveling, VBS, or Operation Christmas Child Collection Week.
These aren’t the only areas where I need to communicate better, but this is where God is working on me for now. It’s only the beginning of the month though, so I’m sure more will come up. For now this is where I will focus and work on. It won’t be easy. I don’t like asking for what I need or saying no to what I don’t need, but it is a must to, properly, take care of myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment