About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2026

An Anniversary of Sorts

 Tomorrow, April 17, will be 8 years since I had a tracheotomy surgery. This was an extremely traumatic time for me, not only the surgery itself, but an emergency surgery I had to have several days after to stop bleeding, and the recovery period was traumatic also. I do believe that it shows I have healed some when I couldn’t remember the exact date of the tracheotomy, if it was the 17th or the 18th. I had to go back to the very beginning of my blog posts, where I blogged about that time, to check the date. I do still have some healing to do, though.

Did you know that trauma can sometimes trigger autoimmune diseases? I’m currently reading a book on this subject called The Biology of Trauma by Aimie Apigian, MD. I’m not too far into it yet, but so far it’s really good. Trauma throws our bodies off balance and disrupts our immune system. It’s no wonder I have so many autoimmune diseases and so many chronic health issues. This is another reason that I want to pursue a career in mental health counseling, so that I can help others who have experienced trauma and chronic health issues. Maybe if the trauma gets worked through, and as it heals, the health issues will be better dealt with as well.

As I look back over the past 8 years, I thank God for always being with me and for giving me what I needed to get through everything. Even as I look back over the past year, I can see how far I have come and how God has orchestrated things in my life to put me exactly where I needed to be to do what I need to do and what I want to do. While my health struggles have been extremely hard, I am thankful for all that they have taught me and, especially, for how much closer they have brought me to God. And that, my friends, is the beauty in the ashes of it.

 

“To console those who mourn in Zion. To give them beauty for ashes. The oil of joy for mourning. The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.”

Isaiah 61:3

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment