About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Tuesday, May 26, 2026

I AM Good Enough

  One very common symptom of CPTSD is feeling as if you aren’t good enough. There are so many things that can trigger this feeling. This is something I often struggle with, and lately I have been struggling with it a lot. Usually, I can brush off one or two triggering instances, but lately it seems there's been an avalanche of triggers. Not only that, but I haven’t been doing a very good job of advocating for myself or setting good boundaries. For these reasons, I have really been struggling lately. I have been drowning in a sea of “not good enough”.

  The other day, as I was putting clothes into the washing machine, I was thinking about how the many triggers have made me fall right back into the “not good enough” trap, and how hard it is to get out of it. I felt God tell me that He thought I was good enough, He thought I was good enough to die for, and that really hit me. That is what I’m going to hold on to when those “not good enough” triggers hit me like a freight train. I’m going to remind myself that Jesus thought I was good enough to die for, and I challenge you to remember this as well. Will I still fall into the “not good enough” trap? Yes, I probably will, but with this reminder, it will be much easier to pull myself out of that trap, and much easier to remind myself that I am good enough.
“To console those who mourn in Zion. To give them beauty for ashes. The oil of joy for mourning. The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment