About Me
- Patricia Pate
- Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.
Followers
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
New Beginnings Don't Just Start in the New Year
Today starts a new year. There is something about new beginnings. A new year, a new school year, a new journal or notebook. It's a chance to start over, to start fresh. This is a popular time to make resolutions or goals, but often these resolutions/goals don't last very long. I mess up, usually pretty quickly, and then I tend to give up and quit. I think, well there's always next year. I need to start viewing every minute, hour, day, week, month, as a new beginning, a fresh start. As L.M. Montgomery states in her book Anne of Green Gables "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it yet." On this morning of a new year, I want to remind myself that I will mess up, and that's ok. I can start fresh at any time. I don't have to wait for a new year, or even a new month, week, or day. I just need to pick myself up, dust myself off, learn from my mistakes, and try again. If I can learn to do this, then I will be able to grow more mature, more quickly, because I won't be waiting on another day, or year, to start again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment