About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2025

I’m Still Going

 It’s been almost 2 weeks since my last blog post, and honestly a lot has happened. Back at the first of July I went to my primary doctor and told her the symptoms I was having. She said it sounded like a form of dysautonomia, and I agreed. She sent me in a referral to a cardiologist to get test for dysautonomia. My cardiologist said he was pretty sure I have some form of dysautonomia but he wanted to do a full heart work up just in case. He ordered a 72 hour heart monitor, an echocardiogram, a treadmill stress test, and he also ordered a tilt table test. The 72 hour heart monitor results were completely normal and the tilt table test was inconclusive. This past Monday I had the echocardiogram and the treadmill stress test. The echo showed a grade 1 diastolic dysfunction but the results showed normal. The stress test notes showed my highest blood pressure was 223/53. Yes that is correct. It’s not a typo. But again they said it was normal. So I sent my cardiologist an email asking how are these results normal. He took the time to send me a detailed response. Pretty much what he said was that since I was morbidly obese in the past, I weighed 300 lbs, and I’m still overweight now, that other than those 2 things my heart is working fine. He said that although those results arent,typically, normal, they are normal for me because my body has had to work overtime in the past, and is still working overtime because my weight still isn’t where it needs to be. I went from 300 to 165 but I have gained about 20 of that back. So I’m going back on Mounjaro not only for blood sugar control because I am type 2 diabetic, but also to help me to lose weight. I’m also going to focus more on healthier eating and getting more exercise. It’s so hard to exercise when I have constant overwhelming fatigue. Chronic Illness is for the birds. It takes all that I have just to get normal every day things done. People invite me to do things and just the thought overwhelms me and makes me even more exhausted. So many people don’t understand. I want to do all the things, but my body just doesn’t allow it. But I’m going to continue to focus on self care and I’m going to hold on to God and know that He is going to work good in all these things. I’m going to try my best to remember that He is Immanuel. God with us. God with me! If you would please keep me in your prayers as I continue to walk through this health journey I would greatly appreciate it it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment