About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2025

Let’s Celebrate!

 It seems that, rarely, do we have a cause to celebrate anymore. People are tired and weighed down, and may not even have the energy to celebrate even if they had a reason. I say that we find reasons to celebrate. We need to celebrate ourselves. We need to celebrate our successes, no matter how weird or small they are. If we aren’t going to celebrate ourselves, then who will?

I’m learning, slowly, to celebrate my successes. Especially the small ones that don’t really seem that big, but really are. Those small acts of courage I accomplish on a daily basis deserve to be celebrated. The times that I get up and go, or I get up and do, even when I just want to pull the blankets over my head and sleep all day, deserve to be celebrated. Why not celebrating them? Why not take the time to be proud of yourself and encourage yourself?

I try to take a few minutes every day to think of small, or big, successes during the day. Honestly, I don’t always do this, but I want to make it more of a habit. Just this morning I was thinking about something that happened, the other day, and realized that I handled it much better than I would have in the past. I recognized that I was overwhelmed, and then, after a time of thinking, I was able to articulate what I was feeling and why. Past me would have had a full blown come apart and snapped at everyone and not known why. This time it was just a partial come apart. I decided that, even though I didn’t handle the situation as best as I could have, that there was still cause for celebration for handling it better than I would have. So take some time to celebrate yourself today, and more often. You are worth celebrating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment