My husband and I started watching The Hunger Games series on Saturday. I finished Mockingjay Part 2 today, and decided to watch The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, that probably should have been our first movie, but oh well. While watching the movie, I thought, “the problem with the Capital people is that they think they are better than those who live in the districts”. That’s the problem with our society today also. People who have money, think they are better than those who don’t have a lot of money. People who use good grammar, think they are better than those whose grammar may not be as good. People who pretend their lives are perfect, think they are better than those who, freely, admit they are just a dumpster fire. Honestly, I struggle with this myself. I don’t intentionally do it, but I often find myself thinking that I’m doing such and such and that person isn’t, or that person isn’t doing such and such, but I am. In reality I’m just down there in the dumpster fire right along with everyone else. I’m a sinner, just like everyone else is. There is only one difference in me, and some other people, and that is the blood of Jesus Christ. That doesn’t make me any better than those other people though. That makes me a sinner in need of a Savior, just like everyone else. I am so thankful for a loving Savior Who, willingly, came to Earth, as a man, was humiliated, tortured, and murdered on a cross, all so that my sins would be washed away and I could spend all eternity in Heaven with Him. It’s funny how movies can make you think about yourself, and your own life. How they can convict you of your sins. See y’all, even movies like The Hunger Games series, can bring us closer to God, if we just listen to that still, small voice when He speaks to us.
About Me
- Patricia Pate
- Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment