About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2026

The Parting of the Waters

 In Exodus, when the Israelites were fleeing from the Egyptians, God parted the Red Sea, and allowed them to escape. The Israelites didn’t get to enter into the Promised Land at this point though. Because of their unbelief, and their disobedience, they ended up wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. In Joshua, when it finally came time for the Israelites to enter the Promised Land, God parted the Jordan river, and allowed them to cross on dry land, and enter, not into wilderness wandering this time, but into a land flowing with milk and honey. They had to fight, and rid the lad of its inhabitants, they had to put some action into it, but this time it was different. The parting of the Jordan river mirrored the parting of the Red Sea, but what they entered into on the other side was completely different. 

I have really been struggling lately, mentally and physically. I have been struggling mentally because I’m struggling physically. At a recent counseling session, I realized that I am so afraid of being back where I have been so many times with my health. Of being back to being so sick, and even of gaining all the weight back that I have lost. I’m so tired of being sick, and being exhausted all the time. I didn’t even realize that fear was there, until I voiced it to my therapist, and then immediately burst into tears. 

So what does that have to do with God parting the waters for Israel twice? I read, in Joshua, about the parting of the Jordan river, the day after my therapy session, and I knew something was there that God wanted me to see. There has been several other God winks over the last week or so as well. I realized that sometimes God takes us over the same territory to remind us that He is always faithful, and also to show us that it doesn’t always end the same way. God is showing me that He loves me, He is always faithful, He will take care of me, and that when hard things, happen they are the refining fire that is molding me into who He wants me to be. 

My health may never look like what I want it to look like, but that’s ok. God will always be with me, He is always faithful, and His way is always perfect. The refining fire isn’t fun to go through, but it’s making me into a better me, a better person, into the person that God has always meant for me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment