About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Thursday, February 12, 2026

Traveling With Chronic Illness

 I did not expect to come home from our trip to Texas feeling like absolute poop. I told a friend this morning that I feel like I have been hit by a truck, and then it backed up and hit me again. I did learn a few things that will, hopefully, help with future travels. The things that I have learned are to only travel 5-6 hours a day, don’t travel more than an hour or hour and a half without stopping, and walking around a bit, use support pillows behind my back, and block off a week after we get home to rest and recuperate. We have also decided that we will be taking 2 of our dogs, Ethel and Bella, with our on some of our travels. Our plan is to, eventually, get a camper or an RV, to make things easier for us, and for the dogs. We need to get the dogs used to going on car rides, and meeting new people though. So, we will be taking them for more car rides, and more adventures into the great outdoors. Hopefully, things will go well with that, and they will adapt easily to traveling with us. 

So many things have to be thought about, and adapted, when traveling with a chronic illness. For me, I have dietary issues to deal with, I only have so much energy to expend in each day, and it goes quickly, and also I have pain issues, and anxiety issues to deal with. Hopefully, having Ethel with me, while traveling, will help some with the anxiety issues. For now, I’m going to rest up, hydrate, and try to get the best nutrition that I can, so that I can feel better faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment