About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Me, Me, Me

Good evening friends, I just wanted to give a quick update on me. I have been sick with some sort of crud for 3 or 4 weeks now. I ended up in the E. R. last week because I was having trouble breathing with and without my trach. They didn't find anything except a lot of excess mucus clogging up my airways. I had an appt with my rheumatologist today and he did some blood work to check if it's the Wegener's  (GPA) acting up causing it, or if it's the actual crud with bronchitis or whatever. I should have the results of that tomorrow.

On another note, I'm sure you have all noticed that I have been doing book reviews lately. Here is my reasoning behind that. After reading some wonderful books, and praying, I feel God calling me to write. Right now my writing is here in my blog, but I feel one day I will write a book. Being on book launch teams, and doing book reviews, has given me the opportunity to read some wonderful books on spiritual warfare, and other Christian books. I feel there are 2 reasons for doing book reviews. One is to help bring me closer to God, and the other is to help me see what good writing is so that I can be a good writer. It also fuels my reading addiction by giving me access to free books, but that's more of a benefit than a reason. So I ask that you help me in a few ways. Most importantly is to pray for me. Also interact with me on Facebook and on this blog. It gets discouraging when it seems like no one really cares about what I write, and that allows the enemy in to whisper more lies. I really appreciate all the support I have gotten so far.

A little sneak peak of upcoming book reviews. Irresistible by Andy Stanley, Beauty in the Breakdown by Julie Roberts,  Handcrafted by Clint Harp (yes that is the Fixer Upper craftsman) and It's Okay Not to be Okay by Sheila Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment