About Me
- Patricia Pate
- Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.
Followers
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
It's Okay To Not Be Okay By Sheila Walsh: A Review
You may recognize the name Sheila Walsh from years ago when she was a singer, but now she is an author of many books, her latest being It's Okay To Not Be Okay: Moving Forward One Day at a Time. In one of her previous books, she talks about her battle with depression and letting God into her struggles. In this book she expands on that by giving you 8 steps on how to move forward. There is a lot of stigma, with Christians, about not being OK all the time. Many feel that if we admit we are not OK, it is disgraceful. Sheila tells in her book how that this is not so. God knows how we feel. He knows everything, so of course He know what we are feeling, and it OK to take our feeling to Him. Sheila shares her struggles and how she is overcoming them, to help others who are going through the same things, or something similar. This book has really helped me as I am going through some stuff. My favorite quote in this book is “There are moments in life when there is nothing you can do to control what’s happening. In those times, find your hiding place under the shelter of God’s wings”. Sheila guides us to Christ when we feel as if everything is falling apart. “Okay doesn’t live here”, Sheila says, “But Jesus does”. Many authors write a self-help book, but this is a “God-help” book. She points us to Christ, not ourselves. I feel blessed to be able to be on the launch team for this book, and was given a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Baker Books for this opportunity.
If you are interested in purchasing this book, I would appreciate if you used my affiliate link below. You don't get charged anymore than you usually would, but I receive a small commission off of your purchase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment