So, I have decided that I am breaking up with the scale. When I told my husband that he asked me why. I am breaking up with the scale because it serves no purpose to me. Let me explain that a little bit. I cannot control the number on the scale, if I could control that number then I would have been at my ideal weight all my life. The number on the scale does not define me as a person, or as a child of God. It also triggers me. I have been strength training for the past 2 months, and I know that I am gaining muscle. I can see and feel the muscle that I have gained. Yet when I stepped on the scale the other day, and it told me that I had gained a few pounds I immediately went to the mindset of I’m a horrible person. I’m not a horrible person because I gained a few pounds. The scale doesn’t tell the whole story. It doesn’t tell me how much muscle or fat I have or how I’m continuing to create healthy habits and nourish and love my body. It gives me a very much incomplete picture of my health.
What am I going to do instead? I’m going to focus on the things that I can control. Things like fueling my body correctly, hydrating, and moving and strengthening my body. I’m going to focus on loving myself and my body because this is the body that God gave me. It is a precious gift from my Heavenly Father. I’m going to treat it like that. I’m going to love myself and love my body. I’m going to remember who I am and Whose I am. Yes, my doctors will need to know my weight, and they can know that without me knowing it. I’m going to focus on loving me because God loves me. And if you love something then you take care of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment