About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Patricia Pate. I live in small town Alabama with my husband, oldest daughter, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. I'm passionate about God, my family, reading, crocheting, my health, and life in general. I will be blogging about my life, and anything that comes to mind really. I will also be blogging book reviews. I get some Advanced Reader Copies to review from NetGally, and publisher lists, and I also join book launch teams to help spread the word about upcoming books. Some books aren't released to the public yet, and some have been released. I hope you enjoy my blog, I promise you it will make you think, make you cry, make you laugh, and probably make you think I am completely crazy.

Followers

Thursday, October 9, 2025

Half Done is Better than Not Done At All

 Did I put dirty dishes into the dishwasher with clean dishes, and re run them all, because I’m sick, and didn’t feel like emptying the dishwasher? Yep. Did I do that 2 nights in a row? Absolutely! Does that make me lazy? Nope, not even a little bit. We have to get over the part where we shame people for doing what they need to do to survive. Why do socks have to be matched? Why does underwear have to be folded? And why does everything have to be spotless? People live here, so why shouldn’t my home reflect that? I have heard the saying that “if you are going to do it then you need to do it right”. A saying I like much better is, “half done is better than not done at all.” Let’s face it, we all struggle. People work, children attend sports, and things happen. Let’s not put more on other people by being judgmental about how they do things. How clean my house is doesn’t reflect who I am, as a person, and it doesn’t affect my salvation, so I shouldn’t be judged, or shamed for it. I used to be really bad about thinking my house needed to be perfect, or I was a failure. Now I know better than that garbage. I do what I have to do, to take care of myself, so that I can take care of my family, and if that means I cut corners in certain areas, then so be it. Especially when I’m sick on top of chronic illness. A book I really love, that can help with this, is How To Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis. It’s meant for people with ADHD, but I think it works well for people who have chronic illness, or just struggle in general. And if you see someone whose house isn’t as clean as you think it should be, then offer to help out and clean it, instead of being critical and judgmental about it. People are struggling daily, we shouldn’t make their struggle even worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment